Monday 14 January 2013

My Disney Cruise - Part 2

Last week, I began to share mine and my husband Scott's experiences aboard a Disney Cruise Ship.  This week, I continue as I discuss the the daily navigator guide, character experiences and the pools/Aquaduck.

The Daily Navigator

This is the perfect way to stay organized and make sure that families can get the most out for their Disney Cruise.  You will receive your first Daily Navigator when you board the ship and the rest will be left in your room by your housekeeper in the evening.  It is the all-in-one guide to making sure you can do the activities that you want.

On the front page, you will see the highlight of the main activity taking place that day, such as one of the Broadway-style shows.  Also, you will see the daily weather forecast, as well as the evening cruise attire.
Sample of a Personal Daily Navigator we received
Photo from personal collection
Inside you will see activities that will appeal to different age groups.  From the Oceaneers Club for kids, to Vibe for the teens and even some special adult exclusive activities, there is something for everyone.  Cruisers will also find a removable single page which will have a time line for the day, broken up in into the various age categories, as well as specific types of activities, such as character experiences.  This allows families to plan their days, making sure that everyone gets to do exactly what they want to do.
Sample of a Personal Daily Navigator we received
Photo from personal collection
Character Experiences
Scott and I with Goofy
Photo from personal collection
Nothing makes a Disney vacation like getting to meet all of your favourite characters.  It is one of the rare times when you can freely let that inner child of yours out.  And if your inner child is anything like mine, chances are they will jump for joy at the sight of that favourite Disney character.  It's that feeling of seeing your dreams in reality and it's an opportunity to share in some truly special moments.
Scott and I with Mademoiselle Minnie
Photo from personal collection
One of the coolest things for me was to meet the Disney Princesses and all at once at a Royal Princess Gathering.  We stood in one line and got to meet Ariel, Tiana, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Cinderella and Snow White. 
Scott and I with Princess Ariel
Photo from personal collection
Prince Ali was also making his way through the crowd and I must say, he was pretty slick.  He asked us to tell Snow White to stop giving Abu apples.
Scott and I with Prince Ali
Photo from personal collection
Something I didn't expect to see were Disney Pixar characters.  We were able to meet some of our favourites from Toy Story, including Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jesse.  We also met Remy, from the movie Ratatouille, who happens to be Scott's favourite Pixar character, because he is a chef and loves rats.
Scott and I with Remy
Photo from personal collection
One of the character experience highlights for me was meeting Pinocchio.  When I was little, my late grandfather used to poke fun at me for having a long nose.  He would call me Penelope, Pinocchio's sister and it was always a funny thing in our family.  So when I got to meet Pinocchio aboard our honeymoon cruise, I knew I had to take a special picture for my grandfather.
Pinocchio and I pointing at each other's noses
Photo from personal collection
Pools/Aquaduck

When it comes to places to cool down, there are plenty of places you can do just that aboard a Disney Cruise.  There are pools and play areas just for kids, such as Donald's Pool and Nemo's Reef.  There is also a family pool located nearby called Mickey's Pool.  To be perfectly honest, we didn't spend a lot of time at the family pool, mostly because we were travelling without children.  We spent the majority of water time at Quiet Cove, one of the adult only pools.  The pool has three levels, the first one came up to about waist level when seated, the second which was 5'5" and the third one was ankle deep and had a bar at the end.
Quiet Cove Pool
Photo from personal collection
Aside from the pools, the other cool water attraction aboard the Disney Fantasy (as well as the Disney Dream) is the AquaDuck.  This is the coolest water slide Scott and I have ever seen!  It's a clear acrylic tube that goes around the ship, while passengers sit one or two to a floatation tube.  There are twists and turns, hills and lots of splashing.
The Aquaduck sign/stairs
Photo from personal collection
So this concludes part 2 of our Disney Honeymoon Cruise Adventure.  Be sure to check back for the final instalment where I discuss the Broadway shows, the dining and food experiences and offshore excursions/ports of call.

No comments:

Post a Comment