Monday 10 December 2012

Growing Up Disney

Greetings fellow Disney addicts, my name is Katie Mealey.  I am a happy newlywed who is currently taking Public Relations while working part time as a Starbucks Barista.  Oh and I've grown up Disney.  I have always had Disney around me for as long as I can remember.  My parents always made sure I had the movies and merchandise.  I can still remember the Ariel themed bedroom I had as a toddler and having various Disney plush toys, books and VHS tapes.  Yes this was the life!!

Considering I was born in the late 80s, it should be no surprise that my two favorite Disney Princess movies and let's be honest, my favorite movies overall, are Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid.  They were both released shortly after I was born and have always been a part of my life.  To me, these are the classic Disney Princess fairytales.  Yes I realize that there were three other Disney Princess movies before them, but they don't have that same magic.  More on that later.

Growing up Disney isn't just something I decided to be, it's part of who I am as a person.  It affects various aspects of my life and all for the better.  It has helped me become a believer, a dreamer and a doer.  It may seem weird to attribute qualities like that soley on one company and I agree, but I would say that this one company has influenced me through their various methods.  I believe they do it mostly through film and music but they also do it by showing how successful a company can be and how much they can do.  Disney does movies, television, theme parks, cruises, other travel vacations, merchandising of all kind and more.  It's incredible all that they do.  Disney has always been one to inspire people of every age. 

So to sum up, this blog will be about my life and how Disney fits into it.  Some stories will involve my family, some will involve my husband, some will be just me but they will all have a touch of Disney magic.

1 comment:

  1. Great start, Katie! Good luck with this, and have fun doing it! Love you!
    - Dad.

    ReplyDelete